TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Lake County Clerk of Courts and Lake County Health Department will be closed Monday, Sept. 3, to observe Labor Day.
The libraries of the Lake County Library System and Historical Museum will also be closed for Labor Day. All offices and libraries will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 4, with regularly scheduled hours.
Lake County libraries include the following:
• Astor County Library, located at 54905 Alco Road
• Baysinger Memorial Library, located at 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
• Citrus Ridge County Library, located at 17445 U.S. Highway 192, suite 18, Clermont
• Cooper Memorial Library, located at 821 W. Minneola Ave., Clermont
• East Lake County Library, located at 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
• Fruitland Park Library, located at 205 W. Berckman St.
• Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, located at 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
• Lady Lake Public Library, located at 225 W. Guava St.
• Leesburg Public Library, located at 100 E. Main St.
• Tavares Public Library, located at 314 N. New Hampshire Ave.
• Paisley County Library, located at 24954 County Road 42
• Umatilla Public Library, located at 412 Hatfield Drive
• W.T. Bland Public Library, located at 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
The Lake County Solid Waste facilities will be closed on Sept. 3. All facilities will resume normal operations on Sept. 4.
Residents in unincorporated Lake County will not have garbage or recycling pick-up on Sept. 3 in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Residential collection will resume on the next regularly scheduled pickup day — that is, the next regularly scheduled garbage collection day and the next regularly scheduled recycling collection day, as those days are different.
Residents living within city limits should contact their city for any questions concerning trash and recycling collection services.