TAVARES — The Lake County Extension Office is holding a program for small businesses on Tuesday, Oct. 16, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Lake County Agricultural Center, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares, to discuss agricultural labor issues and the U.S. Department of Labor's H-2A guest worker program.
The program agenda includes:
• 9-9:10 a.m. —Registration
• 9:10-9:40 a.m. — Laws and regulations concerning agricultural labor with Special Agent Mark Garrand of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
• 9:40-10:10 a.m. — Social Security mismatch letters and agricultural labor policy issues with Walter Kates of the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
• 10:10-10:40 a.m. — H-2A Program for the small business with Mike Nobles of H2USA
• 10:40-11 a.m. — General questions and answer session
To register for this program, call the Lake County Agricultural Center at (352) 343-4101 or e-mail email@example.com.