EUSTIS - The following information is an update from the Lake County Sheriff's Office command center at St. Mary of the Lakes Catholic Church, located at 218 Oklawaha Ave. in Eustis.
• The American Red Cross has established a shelter at Bay Street Baptist Church, located at 1806 S. Bay St. in Eustis.
• Estimated storm damage has been localized to a six block area bound by the streets of Haselton (east boundary) and Bay (west boundary) and the avenues of Lakeview (south boundary) and Orange (north boundary).
• Residents in this area should stay in their homes due to the potential of downed power lines. Residents that need to seek shelter should proceed to Bay Street Baptist Church.
• Progress Energy is on the scene and will be shutting off power to the area.
• Law enforcement personnel are currently conducting door-to-door well-being checks of the area.
• At this time, no major injuries have been reported.
• The Lake County Sheriff's Office asks that media representatives report to the Catholic Church.
For media updates, contact Sgt. John Herrell at (352) or Chris Patton at (352) 455-0445.