The following information is an update from the Lake County Sheriff's Office command center at St. Mary of the Lakes Catholic Church, located at 218 Oklawaha Ave. in Eustis. (new information in bold)
• Thirty-two law enforcement and fire-rescue personnel from the Lake County Sheriff's Office, Florida Highway Patrol, the police departments of Eustis, Mount Dora and Fruitland Park, and the fire departments of Eustis and Lake County are currently conducting door-to-door, well-being checks within the six-block area.
• No school closures have been issued at this time. School bus routes could be delayed or deviated in the morning near the affected area.
• No boil water notices have been issued at this time.
• Initial estimates are approximately 20 homes in the six block are uninhabitable due to sustained storm damage and 30 additional residential structures have sustained damage.
• The American Red Cross has established a shelter at Bay Street Baptist Church, located at 1806 S. Bay St. in Eustis.
• Estimated storm damage has been localized to a six block area bound by the streets of Haselton (east boundary) and Bay (west boundary) and the avenues of Lakeview (south boundary) and Orange (north boundary).
• Residents in this area should stay in their homes due to the potential of downed power lines. Residents that need to seek shelter should proceed to Bay Street Baptist Church.
• Progress Energy is on the scene and will be shutting off power to the area.
• Law enforcement personnel are currently conducting door-to-door well-being checks of the area.
• At this time, no major injuries have been reported.
• The Lake County Sheriff's Office asks that media representatives report to the Catholic Church.
For media updates, contact Sgt. John Herrell at (352) or Chris Patton at (352) 455-0445.