TAVARES — The City of Tavares will present art and music with its monthly Art in the Square exhibit titled “April Showers Bring May Flowers” beginning with an opening reception on Friday, April 14, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, located at 201 E. Main St.
This floral-themed art exhibit will include a variety of media including paint (oil, watercolor and acrylic), glass, photography and mosaic. Lamp-glass and palate-knife techniques will be demonstrated. The reception will also include live music courtesy of Fortuity Duo, which consists of harpist Tina Larkin and violinist David Roberts. In addition, the Palm Garden Club of Tavares will display eight fresh floral arrangements custom designed for the reception. Plein air artists Kitty Osborne and Suzanne Leclair will each paint an arrangement.
The art exhibit will be on display until Tuesday, May 2. For more information about the opening reception or exhibit, call Tammey Rogers at (352) 742-6338.
Artistic works appearing at this month’s Art in the Square exhibit include:
• Pet Campbell — A photography and digital artist, Campbell is passionate about art and flowers and portrays this in her original fine digital giclee art.
• Barbara Henny — She has composed mosaic art for seven years and is a professional member of the Society for American Mosaic Artists. She teaches mosaic art classes for Lake County Schools Community Education.
• Suzanne Leclair —Her work includes watercolor and oil painting, printmaking and porcelain pottery. She teaches the advanced placement art program at Tavares High School for Lake County Schools Community Education.
• Joel McEachern — A natural light photographer, McEachern shares his love of the environment through his work. Widely published and exhibited, his work began in the Everglades.
• Kitty Osborne — She paints primarily in watercolors and oils en plein air.
• Bonnie Roof —She creates flame-worked (lampwork) beads, jewelry and sculpture.
• Duain Vierow — He is an acrylic and oil painter with a passion for color, form and design.