CLERMONT — The Second Annual Four Corners Hurricane Expo is scheduled for Saturday, June 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont. (Located on U.S. Highway 27, about one-half mile north of the U.S. Highway 192 intersection).
The free hurricane expo is a collaborative effort between the counties of Lake, Orange, Osceola and Polk. The expo consists of three components: informational booths from local disaster agencies, a display of emergency response apparatus and presentations about disaster preparedness. The schedule of 15-20 minute presentations are:
• 10:30 a.m. — Get a Plan by Florida Division of Emergency Management
• 11 a.m. — Planning for special needs by Orange County Office of Emergency Management
• 11:30 a.m. — Food safety by Lake County Extension Office
• 12 p.m. — Keynote speaker: WESH-TV Chief Meteorologist Tony Mainolfi
• 12:30 p.m. — Kids & disasters by Polk County Emergency Management
• 1 p.m. — Weather radios by Lake County Emergency Management
The agencies participating in the event include American Red Cross, Florida Division of Emergency Management, Lake County Animal Services, Lake County Emergency Management, Lake County Extension Office, Lake County Fire Rescue, Lake County Health Department, Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake and Sumter Emergency Recovery, Lake-Sumter Emergency Medical Services, Orange County Emergency Management, Osceola County Emergency Management, Polk County Community Emergency Response Team, Polk County Emergency Management and My Safe Florida Home.
Sponsors of the expo are Cagan Management Inc., The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Orlando Sentinel and WESH-TV.
For more information about the Four Corners Hurricane Expo, call the Lake County Emergency Management Division at (352) 343-9420 or log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov.