TAVARES — The Lake County Extension Office, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares, is offering reviews and exams for restricted use aquatics and right-of-way pesticide licenses on Tuesday, Aug. 26.
A $20 non-refundable fee is due for the class by Thursday, Aug. 21. Make checks payable to “Horticultural Advisory Account” and send to Lake County Agricultural Center, 1951 Woodlea Road, Tavares, FL 32778. Attn: Maggie Jarrell.
The two offered pesticide license exams are:
• AQUATIC PEST CONTROL — This category is applicable to individuals using or supervising the use of any restricted use pesticides or other pesticide requiring licensure, used or applied to any standing or running water, including banks or shorelines, excluding infusion of chlorine gas as Category 7B and applicators engaged in public health related activities as defined in chapter 388, Florida Statutes, and the rules thereunder.
• RIGHT-OF-WAY — This category is applicable to individuals using or supervising the use of restricted pesticides, or other pesticides requiring licensure, in the maintenance of right-of-way areas associated with public roads, electric power lines, pipelines, railroads and other similar areas; but not including the use or supervision of restricted use fumigant pesticides. This category is valid for licensure of commercial and public applicators.
The schedule for the class is:
• 8:15-8:30 a.m. — Registration
• 8:30–9:45 a.m. — Review for general standards (CORE)
• 10–11 a.m. — Category training, ROW or Aquatic
• 11 a.m.–12 p.m. — Calibration for all
• 12–1 p.m. — Lunch break
• 1 p.m. — Test for CORE and ROW
• 1–2 p.m. — Calibration for Aquatic (optional)
• 2 p.m. — Test for CORE and Aquatic
Training manuals are available that cover exam questions (all exams: SM1- Core, SM3 - Aquatic Pest Control, SM9 - Right-of-Way). The manuals can be ordered by calling 1-800-226-1764 or logging on to http://ifasbooks.ufl.edu. For more information, call Maggie Jarrell at (352) 343-4101.