TAVARES — The following is an evening update from the Lake County Emergency Operations Center (new information in bold):
• All Lake County shelters are closed.
• Tropical Storm Fay could linger around Central Florida for several days. Lake County Emergency Management officials encourage residents to monitor television and radio reports to stay abreast of the storm’s path.
• The Lake County Emergency Operations Center downgraded to a level III, monitoring status, as of 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Lake County schools are scheduled to close on Wednesday, Aug. 20.
• Lake County’s public transportation system, LakeXpress, and Lake County’s paratransit service, Lake County Connection, will reopen Wednesday.
• The Citizens Information Line (352-253-9999) is available to answer questions about Tropical Storm Fay. The hotline answered about 370 calls on Monday.
• All Lake County Health Department clinics will be open Wednesday, Aug. 20.
• All Early Voting locations will be open Wednesday, Aug. 20.
For more storm information, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov, keyword: disaster or call the Citizens Information Line at (352) 253-9999.