TAVARES — The following is an evening update from the Lake County Emergency Operations Center (new information in bold):
• Lake County Schools will be open on Thursday, Aug. 21.
• The Citizens Information Line (352-253-9999) is available to answer questions about Tropical Storm Fay. The hotline answered about 370 calls on Monday and 1,120 calls on Tuesday.
• All government offices, Health Department clinics and early voting locations will be open on Thursday, Aug. 21.
• Lake County’s public transportation system, LakeXpress, and Lake County’s paratransit service, Lake County Connection, will be open Thursday.
• Tropical Storm Fay will impact Central Florida for several days. Lake County Emergency Management officials encourage residents to monitor television and radio reports to stay abreast of the storm’s path.
• The Lake County Emergency Operations Center downgraded to a level III, monitoring status, as of 7 p.m. Tuesday.
For more storm information, log on to http://www.lakecountyfl.gov/hurricane_guide/ or call the Citizens Information Line at (352) 253-9999.