TAVARES — The following is an update from the Lake County Emergency Operations Center (new information in bold):
- The Lake County Emergency Operations Center remains activated at a level II, partial activation.
- Emergency Management has established a Forward Operations Center (FOC) with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Fire-Rescue, Public Works, and the Health Department to assess possible future needs for potential flooding of the St. John’s River.
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office has six inmate work crews assisting with clearing trees and debris from roadways.
- There are two Road closures in the County: Wekiva River Road & Temple Hill Road.
- The Astor Library is closed because of flooding and intermittent power outages.
- A shelter is open at Round Lake Elementary School, 31333 Round Lake Road, Mount Dora. The shelter is for the general public, special needs and pets.
- Sand and bags are available at four Lake County fire stations. Residents need to bring their own shovels. Sandbags are limited to 20 per household.
- Station 10, located at 23023 State Road 40 in Astor
- Station 14, located at 42700 State Road 19 in Altoona
- Station 53, located at 2505 Spring Lake Road in Fruitland Park
- Station 109, located at 11630 Lakeshore Drive in Clermont
- Sandbags are also available for purchase at local hardware and home improvement stores.
- County government offices, Health Department clinics and early voting locations are scheduled to be open Friday, Aug. 22. The State Attorney’s Office and Public Defender’s Office in Lake County are closed.
- Lake County’s public transportation system, LakeXpress, and Lake County’s paratransit service, Lake County Connection, are scheduled to be open Friday, Aug. 22.
For more storm information, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov or call the Citizens Information Line at (352) 253-9999.