TAVARES — The following is an update from the Lake County Emergency Operations Center (new and updated information in bold):
• The Lake County Emergency Operations Center remains activated at a level II, partial activation.
• Emergency Management has established a Forward Operations Center (FOC) with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Department of Public Safety, Fire Rescue Division, and Lake County Department of Public Works to assess possible future needs for potential flooding of the St. Johns River.
• A sink hole at a home on Tropical Wind Lane in Grand Island has rendered it uninhabitable.
• The Lake County Sheriff’s Office has six inmate work crews assisting with clearing debris from roadways and filling sandbags.
• Wekiva River Road remains closed because of flooding.
• The Astor Library will be closed Saturday, Aug. 23, due to flooding and intermittent power outages.
• A shelter is open at Round Lake Elementary School, 31333 Round Lake Road, Mount Dora. The shelter is for the general public, special needs and pets. The shelter is currently housing two residents.
• Sand and bags are available at four Lake County fire stations. Residents need to bring their own shovels. Sandbags are limited to 20 per household.
o Station 10, located at 23023 State Road 40 in Astor
o Station 14, located at 42700 State Road 19 in Altoona
o Station 53, located at 2505 Spring Lake Road in Fruitland Park
o Station 109, located at 11630 Lakeshore Drive in Clermont
• Sandbags are also available for purchase at local hardware and home-improvement stores.
• Lake County Schools are scheduled to be open Monday, Aug. 25.
For more storm information, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov or call the Citizens Information Line at (352) 253-9999.