TAVARES — The following is an update from the Lake County Emergency Operations Center (new information in bold):
• A shelter at Round Lake Elementary School closed this morning. All Lake County shelters are closed.
• The Lake County Emergency Operations Center remains activated at a level II, partial activation.
• Emergency Management established a Forward Operations Center with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Department of Public Safety, Fire Rescue Division, and Lake County Department of Public Works to monitor potential flooding of the St. Johns River.
• The Astor Library is closed due to flooding and intermittent power outages.
• Sand and bags are available at four Lake County fire stations. Residents need to bring their own shovels. Sandbags are limited to 20 per household.
o Station 10, located at 23023 State Road 40 in Astor
o Station 14, located at 42700 State Road 19 in Altoona
o Station 53, located at 2505 Spring Lake Road in Fruitland Park
o Station 109, located at 11630 Lakeshore Drive in Clermont
• Sandbags are also available for purchase at local hardware and home-improvement stores.
• Lake County Schools are scheduled to be open Monday, Aug. 25.
For more storm information, log on to www.lakecountyfl.gov or call the Citizens Information Line at (352) 253-9999.