TAVARES — All offices of Lake County Government and Lake County Clerk of Courts will be closed Thursday, Nov. 27, and Friday, Nov. 28, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Lake County Historical Museum will also be closed on Thursday and Friday. All offices will reopen on Monday, Dec. 1, with regularly scheduled hours. The following libraries of the Lake County Library System will remain closed through the weekend and will reopen on Monday with regularly scheduled hours.
• Astor County Library, located at 54905 Alco Road, Astor †
• Cagan Crossings Community Library, located at 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont †
• Cooper Memorial Library, located at 821 W. Minneola Ave., Clermont †
• East Lake County Library, located at 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento †
• Fruitland Park Library, located at 205 W. Berckman St., Fruitland Park
• Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, located at 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
• Lady Lake Public Library, located at 225 W, Guava St.
• Marianne Beck Memorial Library, located at 112 W. Central Avenue, Howey-in-the-Hills
• Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, located at 756 W. Broad St., Groveland †
• Paisley County Library, located at 24954 County Road 42, Paisley †
• Tavares Public Library, located at 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
• Umatilla Public Library, located at 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla (closed on Mondays)
• W. T. Bland Public Library, located at 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
(† County branch libraries will close on Wednesday, Nov. 26, at 5 p.m.)
The Leesburg Public Library, located at 100 E. Main St., will close on Wednesday at 6 p.m., remain closed Thursday and Friday and will re-open with regularly scheduled hours on Saturday, Nov. 29.
The Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares, will be closed on Thursday but will be open on Friday. The Department of Environmental Utilities administrative offices, including customer service, will be closed both days. The Pine Lakes residential drop-off center, located at 32520 State Road 44, DeLand, will be closed Thursday, but will feature an adjusted schedule to accommodate residents by opening Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. All other drop-off centers will operate with normal schedules.
In addition, there will be no curbside solid-waste collection services on Thursday for residents of unincorporated Lake County. Regular curbside solid-waste collection services will commence on Friday. For those customers who normally receive garbage-collection services on Thursday, garbage will be collected on Monday. For those customers who receive recycling-collection services on Thursday, Nov. 27, recyclables will be collected on Thursday, Dec. 4.