TAVARES — The Lake County Department of Environmental Utilities reminds all residents of unincorporated Lake County that discarded Christmas trees will be picked up as part of their regular garbage-collection service.
Trunks of trees should be less than 4 feet in length and less than 6 inches in diameter. Larger Christmas trees should be cut to appropriate dimensions, bundled together and placed at curbside for trash pick-up service.
Residents disposing of trees as yard waste at the following locations must remove all tinsel, lights, decorations, ornaments, nails and stands:
• Astor — Astor Transfer Station Road
• Clermont (Loghouse) —10435 Loghouse Transfer Station Road
• Lady Lake —1200 Jackson St.
• Paisley — 44225 Spring Creek Road
• Pine Lakes — 43029 State Road 44, DeLand
• Solid Waste Management Central Facility —13130 County Landfill Road, Tavares
For more information about any of these locations, call (352) 343-3776.
Mulch from collected yard waste, including Christmas trees, is available year-round at the Lake County Solid Waste Management Central Facility. Residents should be prepared to self-load as tools and containers are not provided. The Central Facility is open Monday-Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Municipal residents are advised to contact their local garbage collector or municipal office for details about Christmas tree recycling.