TAVARES — All Lake County Government and Lake County Clerk of Courts offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 19, to observe Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
All but one of the Lake County Library System libraries will be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 20, with regularly scheduled hours.
Fruitland Park Library, located at 205 W. Berckman St., will remain open with regularly scheduled hours on Jan. 19. The other libraries that will close include:
• Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road
• Baysinger Memorial Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
• Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
• Cooper Memorial Library, 821 W. Minneola Ave., Clermont
• East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
• Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
• Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St.
• Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St.
• Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
• City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave.
• Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42
• Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive
• W.T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St.
The Lake County Department of Environmental Utilities administrative offices will be closed Jan. 19, though the Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility, located at 13130 County Landfill Road in Tavares will remain open. Landfill hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last load accepted). All residential drop-off centers will be closed Jan. 19 as normally scheduled.