TAVARES — Lake County Cooperative Extension Agent Ryan Atwood will be a presenter at the Citrus Field Day hosted by the Mid Florida Citrus Foundation on Thursday, May 14, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Conserv II property located at 17498 McKinney Road, Winter Garden.
A schedule of the field day includes:
• 9-9:30 a.m. — Peach production and tasting by Gary England, citrus agent with University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
• 9:35-9:55 a.m. — OHS experiment and Windbreaks by Dr. Bill Castle with the University of Florida Citrus Research and Education Center (CREC)
• 10:05-10:25 a.m. — Psyllid control experimental compounds by Dr. Lukasz Stelinski with CREC
• 10:25-10:45 a.m. — Psyllid control trials by Dr. Michael Rogers with CREC
• 10:45-11:05 a.m. — Herbicide research results and recommendations by Dr. Steve Futch with CREC
• 11:05-11:25 a.m. — Low-volume applicator demonstration by Ryan Atwood
For more information about the Citrus Field Day, call Maggie Jarrell at the Lake County Extension at (352) 343-4101.