For immediate release - Nov. 22, 2004
TAVARES — Release of the combined request for proposals (RFP) for the Lake County Citizens’ Commission for Children and Human Services will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 8, during a mandatory bidders conference in the Bob Norris Auditorium located in the Lake County Agricultural Center, 30202 State Road 19, Tavares.
Registration will be from 9 to 10 a.m., and the conference will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. No registrations will be accepted after 10:30 a.m.
Proposals submitted for Citizens' Commission for Children funding should focus on prevention and intervention programs, especially those with emphasis on at-risk children. Proposals submitted for Human Services funding should focus on an unmet individual, family or community health, economic or service acquisition need.
Attendance at this bidders conference is mandatory in order for all potential bidders to receive a copy of the RFPs and a comprehensive overview of the RFP process.
If you are not the primary bidder but are attending on behalf of someone else, please make note of this when signing the attendance roster. Those arriving after 10:30 a.m. will lose eligibility to submit a bid, however, may still attend the conference.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Mandatory bidders conference: Wednesday, Dec. 8, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Lake County Agricultural Center, 30202 State Road 19, Tavares.
- Grant writing workshops: Mandatory for all new bidders and previous bidders who have not attended Citizens’ Commission for Children grant writing workshops in the last two years.
- Thursday, Jan. 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., room 233, Lake County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares.
- Friday, Jan. 14, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., room 233, Lake County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares.
- Submission of proposals deadline: Friday, Feb. 11, at 5 p.m., room 118, Lake County Administration Building, 315 W. Main St., Tavares.
- Mandatory compliance workshop: August/September 2005 (date, time and site to be announced).
For more information, call Peggy Norman, Citizens’ Commission for Children, at (352) 343-9416, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Robbie Hollenbeck, Human Services, at (352) 343-9454 or e-mail email@example.com.
Office: (352) 343-9609; Cell: (352) 455-0445