TAVARES — Lake County is partnering with the Florida Department of Transportation to celebrate Mobility Week Oct. 27 through Nov. 3. To help bring awareness to safe, multimodal transportation choices, LakeXpress, the county’s fixed-route public transportation service, is hosting the following free events.
- Monday, Oct. 29 – Paratransit eligibility sign-up event and demonstration of the RouteShout 2.0 transit bus locator app at the bus stop at U.S. Highway 441 and Citizens Boulevard in Leesburg and at the Transit Office, 2440 US Highway 441/27, Fruitland Park.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 – LakeXpress “Passenger Appreciation Day” which includes LakeXpress swag bag giveaways, at LakeTech, 2001 Kurt St., Eustis, at the Clermont Park and Ride, 2001 S. U.S. Highway 27, Clermont, and at U.S. Highway 441 and Citizens Boulevard, Leesburg.
- Wednesday, Oct. 31 – LakeXpress travel safety training at U.S. Highway 441 and Citizens Boulevard, Leesburg.
- Thursday, Nov. 1 – “Try Transit,” which includes free rides all day on LakeXpress buses.
- Friday, Nov. 2 – Helmet fitting and bike-on-bus training at Lake Tech, 2001 Kurt St., Eustis, and U.S. Highway 441 and Citizens Boulevard in Leesburg.
“Lake County is encouraging residents to get out of their cars and try a different mode of transportation for everyday tasks like commuting, shopping, and recreation by using LakeXpress,” said Jill Brown, Transit Division Supervisor.
Visit www.ridelakexpress.com for a consistent user experience across multiple platforms including mobile devices, tablets and desktop computers.
The “Trip Planner” function integrates with Google Transit to enable patrons to get directions on the LakeXpress fixed route system. Further, the site was built with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines in mind, and can be translated into various languages using Google Translate. For more information about LakeXpress, call 352-742-1940.