The following items are needed for State Certified Contractors in order to apply for a permit within Lake County:
- Copy of the license holder's State of Florida contractor's license.
- Copy of the license holder's current Business Tax Receipt (from any county or city not located in Lake County).
- Copy of license holder's driver's license.
- Valid phone number, fax number, email address, mailing and physical addresses which should be updated when necessary.
- Worker's Compensation insurance policy with Lake County Board of County Commissioners as the certificate holder or a valid exemption certificate.
- Long Shoreman Insurance: required on all contractors that perform marine type work on the Chain of Lakes and all canals and waterways providing access to the Chain of Lakes.
Future updates or changes to the qualifiers contact information will need to be submitted on Lake County's Qualifier Update Form (Form Number BF58) or the updated information will need to be submitted in the form of a notarized letter signed by the contractor.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Building Services at 352-343-9653 Option 5, or contact the Office of Building Services at: P.O. Box 7800, Tavares, FL 32778.