The Lake County Board of County Commissioners (www.lakecountyfl.gov) is currently seeking an experienced Internet Applications Developer within the Office of Communications.
The Internet Applications Developer is responsible for developing, installing and maintaining Internet-based web applications and programs for the Lake County government and associated agencies. This position performs application design, database integration, server management and architecture design; as well as creating and maintaining multiple County websites, providing professional customer service, and performing related technical and administrative duties as required. This position may be required to assist with emergency support functions in the event of a declared emergency and/or any other emergency duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to conceptualize ideas and design complex web-based applications and content management systems. A skills demonstration will be required as part of the interview process.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consults with County administrators, department heads and technical staff to identify and evaluate the feasibility of proposed Internet/intranet projects and offers ideas on solutions that fit within the organization’s overall strategy. Advises customers on conceptual ideas; prepares project specifications and designs; presents work products at meetings, and communicates ideas effectively.
• Designs and develops applications for the County’s Internet and intranet websites; determines design methodologies and tool sets; completes software development using object-oriented programming languages; designs and conducts testing.
• Performs applications development by coordinating requirements and resources, schedules, and activities; contributes towards team meetings; troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms; closely monitors the needed deliverables and deadlines for project completion.
• Helps manage the County’s web servers, including monitoring operations and applying patches.
• Creates and manages multiple SQL databases that interface with web applications; ensures data integrity and security.
• Oversees the County’s online marketing ad program; helps prepare and manages the online advertising budget; tracks campaigns; monitors expenditures and prepares related reports.
• Researches, tests and recommends the purchase of web-based hardware and software.
• Reports to the Emergency Operations Center during times of activation to help disseminate critical information to the public using Internet technology.
• Gathers information/data to support periodic or special reports documenting activities in areas of assignment.
• Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
• Works closely with copywriters and departments for needed content for projects.
• Offers guidance and assistance to other programming team members on web-related projects.
• Researches new Internet/intranet technologies and software products; participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; participates in professional organizations.
• Provides customer support to both internal and external customers by email, phone and in-person.
• Maintains records of active tasks/projects, and of work performed. Archives electronic files for all completed projects.
• Performs clerical/administrative tasks such as entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, sending and receiving emails and faxes, and answering the telephone.
• Attends meetings, training, seminars, workshops or conference as appropriate to enhance technical and professional job knowledge and skills.
You can print this application out, fill it in and then return it by faxing or mailing to the Office of Human Resources & Risk Management. To download our printable job application please go here.