Posting Number: 18-07-06-2043
Pay Grade: 30E
Salary: $94,099.20 - $155,084.80
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Highly responsible professional and managerial position providing direct support to the County Manager on various programs and government services to include dealing with County staff, the Board of County Commissioners, Constitutional Officers and various public affairs issues; directly handles matters of organizational importance on behalf of the County Manager, as appropriate. Performs work with considerable independent judgement. Oversees assigned departments and offices and their operations, develops courses of action and recommendations. Offices include Facilities Management, Fleet Management, and the Public Works Department (Environmental Services, Road Operations, and Engineering). Additional departments and/or offices may be assigned as deemed necessary by the County Manager. The position works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
This list represents the essential tasks performed by the position. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as required.:
- Assists the County Manager in implementing the directives and policies of the Board of County Commissioners.
- Assists the County Manager in performing operational planning and a wide variety of administrative duties, including program coordination and organization, and anticipating future needs of the County.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates the overall activities of the respective departments and/or offices for which administrative responsibility is designated by the County Manager including, but not limited to Facilities Management, Fleet Management, and the Public Works Department (i.e., Environmental Services, Road Operations, and Engineering). Provides personnel management of assigned employees to include; leadership, guidance, technical assistance, prioritization of work, dissemination of information, training and career counseling.
- Reviews the work of subordinate staff for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to conceptualize ideas and design web-based applications and content management systems. A skills demonstration will be required as part of the interview process.
- Works with supervisors, other County employees, and/or members of the public to resolve County issues and customer complaints with tact and in compliance with County goals and objectives.
- Evaluates and analyzes policies and procedures and recommends development of new policies and/or revisions to current policies, ensuring compliance with County, State and Federal policies, guidelines, rules, regulations and laws.
- Proactively monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assesses and monitors workload administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement; and directs the implementation of changes.
- Maintains a workplace environment that is open and receptive to promote productivity in the management team.
- Adapts to situations and has the ability to react to fast changing problems and environments, excellent collaborator.
- Maintains regular contact with and keeps the County Manager apprised of situations and issues.
- Meets with senior management staff to provide assistance and ideas on implementation of strategic objectives; provides a resource for handling difficult personnel issues.
- Attends required meetings, conferences, training courses and seminars to maintain knowledge of industry trends and technology.
- Performs a variety of routine administrative duties, administrative duties, and special projects as assigned or delegated by the County Manager.
- May be required to assist with emergency support functions in the event of a declared emergency and/or any other emergency duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Requires a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Management, Business or related field with ten years of progressively responsible governmental administrative and supervisory experience.
Requires a valid Florida Driver’s license.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including excellent insurance (e.g., health, prescription, dental and life), options for supplemental insurance (e.g., disability and life), participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and paid holidays, annual vacation and sick leave. Relocation expenses may be negotiable. THE ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICIATIONS.
Printable Job Application
While we highly recommend that potential applicants use our online Job Application Builder, we also have a printable version of our job application available for download.
You can print this application out, fill it in and then return it by faxing or mailing to the Office of Human Resources & Risk Management. To download our printable job application please go here.
« Back to Employment Opportunities