Posting Number: 18-10-15-2095
Pay Grade: 175
Salary: $8.91/hour - $12.97
Closing Date: November 23, 2018
The Emergency Medical Technician serves as the junior member of a two-person EMS team responsible for providing pre-hospital care to the citizens and visitors of Lake County. The primary duties of the EMT are to provide care to BLS patients and to assist the Paramedic in providing ALS care to patients.
This position may be required to assist with emergency support functions in the event of a declared emergency and/or any other emergency duties as assigned.
The position requires good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times, in excess of 150 pounds. Motor coordination is required to safely walk and carry equipment and patients over uneven terrain. Employee must be able to maneuver in tight places, step over obstacles, step on and off machinery, etc. Work includes operation of a motor vehicle.
Vocational/technical training in related field or any equivalent education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Successful completion of accredited EMT program
• Certification as an EMT in the State of Florida
• CPR for Healthcare Providers
• 16 Hour EVOC certificate or equivalent
• Four-hour AIDS certification and required recertification
• Florida Class “E” Driver’s license.
• Maintains required certifications
• Maintains good driving record as required by insurance provider
• Maintains approval to practice under the license of the Medical Director
• No felony convictions related to illegal use of drugs or directly related to position. No felony or first-degree misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude or sexual misconduct.
• Is not listed under the excluded provider list prepared by Medicare OIG.
NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE, HOWEVER REQUIRES:
• Knowledge of the principles of BLS.
• Knowledge of Lake County Emergency Medical Services medical protocols.
• Knowledge of Patient assessment techniques.
• Ability to select and properly apply required steps in BLS protocols.
• Skill in safely moving and immobilizing patients, and in applying bandages, splints, etc. Skill in performing CPR.
• Ability to properly set-up and use equipment as directed by Paramedic.
• Skill in administering oxygen therapy.
• Knowledge of rules for effective written and spoken English communications. Ability to prepare verbal and written reports.
• Knowledge of emergency vehicle operations and including operation of on-board equipment, communication operations and economy of communication usage.
Printable Job Application
While we highly recommend that potential applicants use our online Job Application Builder, we also have a printable version of our job application available for download.
You can print this application out, fill it in and then return it by faxing or mailing to the Office of Human Resources & Risk Management. To download our printable job application please go here.
« Back to Employment Opportunities