Select an Agency, Department, or Office
Agencies, Departments, Offices
Office of Animal Services
Office of Building Services
Office of Code Enforcement
Office of Communications
> Children's Services Council
> Elder Affairs
> Veterans Services
> Community Development Block Grant
Community Safety & Compliance
> Office of Elevate Lake
Emergency Medical Services
> Agricultural Education
> Mobile Irrigation Lab
Facilities & Fleet Management
Housing & Human Services
Human Resources & Risk Management
> Technical Services
Office of Management & Budget
> Special Assessments
Parks & Trails
> Public Lands Management
Planning & Zoning
> Impact Fees
Office of Probation
Public Safety Support
Public Works Department
> Environmental Services
> Adopt-a-Lake Program
> Water Quality Services
> Mosquito & Aquatic Plant Management
> Road Operations
> Solid Waste
Office of Transit Services
Need help? Try this. How do I...
How Do I...
Access building permit
Access court records
Access your Zoning Permit
Apply for building permit
Apply for Zoning Permit
Contact County BCC
Find Lake County Jobs
Find property information
Get marriage license
Get occupational license
Get a passport
Pay child support
Pay traffic tickets
Register to vote
View Board Agendas
View Code of the County
Directory of Services
ADA & Nondiscrimination
You are here:
Human Resources And Risk Management
> Job Details
Office of Human Resources & Risk Management
Office of Human Resources & Risk Management Home
Job Application Builder
About the Office of Human Resources & Risk Management
Contact the Office of Human Resources & Risk Management
Lake County BCC
315 West Main St.
P.O. Box 7800
Tavares, Florida 32778
Emergency Dispatch Supervisor
Minimum Salary: $17.99/hour
Public Safety Support
Open Until Filled
The essential function of the position within the organization is to perform duties to monitor, supervise, and participate in emergency and non-emergency call taking and dispatch operations within the Emergency Dispatch Center on assigned shift, provide technical guidance to staff, document departmental activities, and ensure that shift operations are performed in compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
Pre-Employment Background and Drug test required.
As a condition of employment for the above positions, you are subject to the following requirements:
Employees are required to be able to work any weekday, weekend, night, or holiday. Employees must be willing to work on rotating shifts, to serve on-call status, to attend mandatory meetings and to be subject to hold-over or call-back on short notice.
Employees are required to have their calls monitored and recorded.
Employees may be required to remain on duty until relief is obtained even in the event of illness or family emergency.
Employees are required to be subject to a lock down status during natural and manmade disasters, while family members are elsewhere, for the duration of the emergency.
This position may be required to assist with emergency support functions in the event of a declared emergency and/or any other emergency duties as assigned.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Two Year Degree or equivalent
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Certification^
• IAED – EMD or EMD-Q Certification*
• IAED – EFD or EFD-Q Certification*
• State of Florida – Department of Health Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification*
• American Heart Association CPR Certification – Basic Life Support (BLS)^
• National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System^
• NIMS – IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS100^
• NIMS – IS-200.C: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response^
• NIMS – E0400 – Advanced ICS Command and General Staff – Complex Incidents*
*required within 12 months of hire/promotion ^required within 6 months of hire/promotion
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND REGISTRATIONS PREFERRED:
• Emergency Number Professional (ENP)
• Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) – Communications Training Officer Certification
• Three years experience as an Emergency Dispatcher/Telecommunicator with at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
• Ability to type at least 35 words per minute.
• Ability to operate the telecommunications phone and radio systems.
• Ability to use CAD or other related software and system.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to transcribe verbal information and provide verbal instructions by telephone and radio.
• Ability to deal calmly and tactfully with callers.
• Ability to read a map and locate vehicles and locations on the map.
• Knowledge of the principles of effective supervision.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct, educate, evaluate, and mentor the work of subordinates.
Full time employees are offered a competitive benefit package including paid holidays, annual and sick leave, retirement, health, dental and other benefits.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLINE
Back to Employment Opportunities
Directory of Services