My Blue Service and WebMD Enhancements
Posted: March 16, 2011
New features make updating an HMO Primary Care Physician easier.
In December 2010, the MyBlueService tool that HMO members use to change their Primary Care Physician (PCP) was enhanced. Members simply login to MyBlueService and go to the tab called My Account, Benefits & Claims to change their PCP. Within 3 business days, their account profile will reflect their new PCP.
2010 Annual Health Statements are on their way.
The 2010 Annual Health Statements from BCBS are arriving in employee’s mailboxes during the first quarter of 2011. This statement will include a summary of all claims activity processed during calendar year 2010. In addition, employees can access their statement online through MyBlueService to view, customize and print their health statement information.
Email Reminders to visit MyBlueService
MyBlueService is continually improving the quality of information available, and has started sending emails to employees who have registered, but have not logged on in a while. For example, if a member has not logged on for the past six months, they will receive an email with instructions to “Check out what is new with MyBlueService” and then another reminder email after eleven months. This is one way that members can be reminded that MyBlueService provides personalized health information, cost saving tools and free programs that answer many questions online at any time.
Through MyBlueService, members have access to a private, members-only WebMD view that offers information and tools such as Care Comparison, a tool to help research the cost and quality of medical procedures. Additionally, a Personal Health Assessment that ties to other tools helps members to find out what they are doing correctly and then directs them to tools to assist them in making lifestyle improvements. Hundreds of healthy recipes, videos, and more are available! Here is what members will find on the improved site:
« Back to Archive
- A Health Information & Costs menu for treatment information and cost estimates.
- Lifestyle Improvement Programs that are designed to help individuals stay on track with their health goals.
- My Health provides easy access to a Personal Health Assessment, a Personal Health Record and trackers for health biometrics. These tools help individuals manage and track their health information. They also work together, so shared information is only entered once.
- My Health Centers helps individuals learn more about the lifestyle behaviors that can put them at risk for developing serious health conditions, along with practical ways that they can make better choices for a healthy future.
- Healthy Fun offers hundreds of informative ad-free videos, healthy recipes, interactive quizzes and more to make staying healthy more enjoyable. Additionally, by using WebMD, members have access to health forums where they can receive additional support to make positive behavior change. From cholesterol management to weight loss, these topic-focused health forums are accessible from the WebMD top navigation under “Healthy Fun” and through the Health Management Centers.