Ways to Energize Employees – Management Tips to Keep you on Track
Posted: May 01, 2007
If you want to be a good manager, you have to commit yourself to employee involvement, says Andy Grove of Intel in 1001 Ways to Energize Employees, by Bob Nelson. Here are Grove’s management tips:
- Create an environment where motivatedv people can flourish.
- Don’t take personal credit for what your team accomplishes.
- Take time to consider what you need to do today to avoid tomorrow’s problems.
- Keep in mind that your time is limited, and when you say yes to something it likely means you’re going to have to say no to something else.
- Schedule one hour every day to deal with things that will inevitably interrupt you. That way you can deal with them in an organized, planned way.
- Realize that performance evaluations are absolutely necessary.
- If you need information about what’s going on in the organization, get out of your office and observe.
“The key to success is to get out into the store and listen to what the associates have to say. It’s terribly important for everyone to get involved. Our best ideas come from clerks and stock boys.”
Source: Sam Walton of Wal-Mart,on spending time in your employee's environment
« Back to Archive