Posted: January 30, 2013
Use your work area efficiently
You’ve worked on time management and stress management. But how about workspace management? The truth is that managing your work area well can help you with both time and stress management. Being organized and having items at your fingertips, for example, saves time and lessens stress.
Follow these tips:
· Arrange furniture and objects so that it's easy to move in your space.
· Keep floors clear.
· Make effective use of wall space for calendars, schedules, or charts.
· Make sure your work space is well lit.
· Keep your desk clear of all but current work.
· Put items away after use.
· Keep items you use most often within easy reach.
· Organize drawers, shelves, cabinets, and other storage units so that you can access what you need quickly.
· Position your computer properly to avoid eye and body strain.
· Adjust your chair to the proper height.
· Organize paper and computer files for easy access.
· Keep up to date with filing.
· Review your inbox each day.
· Keep personal items to a minimum.
· Throw away trash after lunch or snacks eaten in your work space.
Reprinted with permission from Safety Business & Legal Resources
« Back to Archive