Tips to Spark the Positive Leader in You
Posted: May 01, 2009
Review this checklist if your motivation needs a boost.
« Back to Archive
- Purpose. Sometimes people get caught up in daily responsibilities and lose sight of the big picture. Remind yourself why you chose this field, organization and role.
- Expectations. Are your goals realistic or do you expect too much of yourself? Reconsider your priorities and look for ways to reorganize your workload.
- Assistance. Do not be afraid to ask for help from supervisors, colleagues and employees. If you insist on taking responsibility for more than you can handle, you will wind up burning out.
- Scheduling. Do you allow yourself enough time to focus on each of your duties? Rework your schedule to ensure you set realistic deadlines.
- Negativity. Are you your worst enemy? If you spend a lot of time beating up on yourself for your perceived inadequacies, you are undermining your own motivation and progress. Stop obsessing about perfection and start recognizing — and rewarding — your own accomplishments.