*Please note: 5th floor walk in traffic from 8AM-4PM only starting 7/13/2020. Includes Planning & Zoning, Building, Code Enforcement, and the Health Department.
To provide a better quality of life for all Lake County citizens by facilitating development of a well designed, efficient, healthy, and safely built environment. This enhances community identity, allows development to co-exist with the natural environment, and promotes sustainability.
Online Services & Information
Lake County's Office of Planning and Zoning is responsible for current and long-range planning; review, and permitting of land development; and monitoring of the environment in unincorporated Lake County under the County's Comprehensive Plan.
OPRS Permitting System Guides
Residential Services & Information
Note: Effective, September 21, 2020, zoning permits will need to be submitted through the OPRS Zoning Permit System. Zoning permits submitted through the legacy system will be processed and communication will be sent via email.
Development Near Me
The Office of Planning & Zoning has put together an interactive map showing development projects within unincorporated Lake County. The map shows applications for rezonings, conditional use permits, future land use map amendments, major site plans, and preliminary plats that are under review or have been recently approved by our Office.
To see which development applications are nearby, type in an address in the top left blue bar. Once the address is located, it will automatically show the development projects within two miles. You can increase the distance on the right hand side to see projects up to ten miles away from the selected address.
The development projects will be listed in the right hand column. When you click on a project, you will be able to see additional information on the case, its status (Pending, Scheduled for Public Hearing, or Approved), and a link to its application on the FTP site. Please note, as cases are approved their applications are removed from the FTP site. The Development Near Me Map is updated weekly; additional information on the projects can be obtained by contacting the Office of Planning & Zoning at 352-343-9641 or PlanningAndZoning@lakecountyfl.gov.
Access Development Near Me
- Review of all residential, commercial, industrial, public facility and residential site development within unincorporated Lake County.
- Ensures compliance and consistency with the Lake County Land Development Regulations and Comprehensive Plan.
- Review of application requests to change or alter zoning or future land use categories for specific properties for compliance and consistency with the Comprehensive Plan. Recommendations on the applications are made to the Planning & Zoning Board and the Board of County Commissioners for their consideration.
- Maintaining the internal consistency of the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) and consistency of those regulations with the goals, objectives and policies of the Comprehensive Plan.
Office of Planning & Zoning provides services for:
- Review of Commercial/Industrial Site Plans, including expedited review of Economic Development Projects.
- Review of new residential development
- Review of Lot Splits and Lot Line Deviations
- Review of Zoning Permit
- Review of additions, expansions, change of use, and accessory structures and uses
- Review of subdivisions of property, plats and other types of site development projects through the development review process.
- Review and recommendation of Rezoning and Conditional Use Permit Applications
- Administration of Conditional Use Permits and Mining Operating Permits
- Review of amendments to, and maintenance of, the Comprehensive Plan
Site Plan Process
Major Site Plan Flow Chart
Minor Site Plan Flow Chart
Preliminary/Final Plat Process
To submit comments in advance, members of the public can visit https://lakecountyfl.gov/commissionmeeting and fill out a comment form. Comments will be shared with the Board members prior to the meeting if submitted before 5 p.m. on the day before. Comments submitted after 5 p.m. will be provided to Board members after the meeting.