What are the Land Development Regulations?
The Lake County Land Development Regulations (LDR) contains regulations that govern how land is developed in the unincorporated areas of Lake County. The code affects the everyday lives of people in our community in many ways. It addresses everything from zoning, site development, the natural environment and stormwater management to parking, sidewalks, landscaping and architectural design criteria.
The Land Development Regulations are located in Appendix E of Lake County’s Code of Ordinances, which is available on Municode.
Why are we updating the Land Development Regulations?
In 2010, the Lake County Board of County Commissioners adopted the 2030 Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan presents a vision for the future, with long-range goals and objectives, for all activities that affect Lake County. The Land Development Regulations implement the Goals, Objectives, and Policies of the Comprehensive Plan on a day-to-day basis. The current LDR needs to be updated to reflect the new Comprehensive Plan policies.
Goals of the LDR Update Include:
- Implement the Goals, Objectives, and Policies within the 2030 Comprehensive Plan.
- Modernize the code to better address new uses and initiatives.
- Eliminate unnecessary regulations.
- Encourage the development of quality neighborhoods, communities and businesses.
- Streamline the code and processes to make it easier for Realtors, developers and residents to use and understand.
What Happens Next?
New code language is being drafted based on review, research and comments from you, county leaders, interested agencies, and stakeholders. Because the Land Development Regulation update is an ongoing project, updates will be shared on this website on an ongoing basis.
There are a number of ways to get involved.
We are eager to hear from you – especially if you live, work or own property in the unincorporated part of Lake County. You can be a part of shaping the future of your neighborhood, your community and your county!
- Contact us with your ideas!
- Check for updates on this website
Get signed up!
Sign up to get updates and further information delivered straight to your inbox.