Apply for a Zoning Permit Online
If you have any questions about the zoning process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-343-9641.
Any new residential structure, building, or addition which requires a building permit will need to obtain a zoning permit. A zoning permit is also required if converting an existing structure from non-living area to living area and if a structure is being converted to a Category IV or V sunroom.
Development which does not require a zoning permit:
- Screen fill-ins (adding screen to an existing porch/screen room)
- Interior renovations not creating additional living area
- Roof-mounted solar panels
The following items are required to apply for a zoning permit:
- Copy of the property record card (available online at lcpafl.org)
- Copy of the Warranty Deed (also available at lcpafl.org)
- Plot Plan or Survey meeting the requirements of LDR Section 14.14.02.D. Please be advised, a sealed survey may be required.
- Health Department forms for Septic tank (option available to single family residences and mobile/modular homes only)
After you complete the first part of the application, you will receive an email requesting you to upload the required documents to complete your application. Once your application is received and documents have been uploaded, an Associate Planner will be notified. The Associate Planner will review and (if able) issue a zoning permit within 3-5 business days after the documents have been uploaded. The zoning approvals will be provided to the Applicant to supplement their application for a Building Permit.
If uploading Health Department documents for septic approval, zoning will provide the documents to the Health Department to review. If applying for septic approval separately, please contact the Department of Health at 352-253-6130. Please be advised that the Department of Health will need the zoning approvals to complete their review. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
Please allow 3-5 business days for completed online applications to be reviewed. If an application needs to be reviewed / processed in an expedited manner, please submit the completed application in-person to the Office of Planning & Zoning (315 W. Main St., Fifth Floor, Tavares).
It is the property owner's responsibility to comply with any Homeowners Association requirements or deed restrictions that may apply.