Below is a list of particulars when obtaining a permit for boat dock or sea wall. Lake County planners will help walk applicants through the process. For more information, call (352) 343-9641.
- Any dock more than 1,000 square feet (500 square feet if on Outstanding Florida Waters) in size requires a Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) approval. For more information, call the DEP at 407-897-4100.
- All dock permits require engineering and sealed plans.
- Cost is $.20 per square foot; $75 minimum.
- A $50 residential fee and $100 commercial fee for a Boat Dock/Shelter DEP exemption review.
- Electrical permits are required, if applicable, with additional fees.
- BF03 - Application for Building Permit