The County may issue changes (addendum) to the solicitation documents. Proposers are responsible for checking this site for any addendum prior to submitting their proposals. Proposals that do not acknowledge the addenda may be rejected. Addendum and another other electronic documents can be found under the "Bid Documents" section.
For questions concerning this project, please contact the Contracting Officer listed below by e-mail or telephone.
Bid/RFP Number: 18-0403
Response Deadline: 10/11/2017 3:00:00 PM
Project Title: Pest Control for Lake County Facilities
Status: Not Awarded
Department: Procurement Services
Project Description: The purpose of this solicitation is to select a qualified vendor to provide for the TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY of PEST CONTROL SERVICES, portal to portal, including trip charges to various Lake County Government Facilities throughout the County. The vendor will assume all responsibility for the elimination of the following pests in all specified County facilities:
• Rats, mice, gnats, roaches, bed bugs, fleas, ticks, flies, ants, silverfish, drywood termites, formosan termites, subterranean termites, powderpost beetles, old house borers, wasps, bees, scorpions, beetles, lady bugs, arachnids, and any other arthropod pests not specifically excluded from this contract.
• Nests of stinging insects within the property boundaries of the specified buildings.
• County departments may, on occasion, have a need for the removal of nests of stinging insects on other than County property. The vendor shall provide written quotes for these events on a case by case basis. Response times will be enforced for these events. The County reserves the right to seek additional quotes if desired.
Populations of the following pests are excluded from this contract:
• Birds, bats, snakes, and all other vertebrates, mosquitoes, and pests that are primarily outdoor inhabitants. However, all individual pests and animals which are primarily outdoor inhabitants, that become incidental invaders inside buildings, must be eliminated.
Such services will encompass furnishing adequate and appropriate labor, materials, supplies, equipment, and supervision for the performance of the projected work. This scope of services represents the minimum standards required. The vendor shall at all times meet or exceed the manufacturer’s specifications for the products being used. The ultimate responsibility of the vendor is to provide facilities that are free of pests and will reflect favorably upon the County and the vendor.
Vendors are advised that this procurement action will be formalized by an agreement. A sample agreement is provided in Attachment 5 of this Request for Proposal.
Contracting Officer: Sandra Rogers
Officer Email: email@example.com
Officer Phone: (352) 343-9832
Agenda Item Number:
- EXTERMINATING-PEST CONTROL SVC (991-300)
Submitting a Downloaded Bid Request
After downloading and completing the solicitation document(s), submit the original and the required number of copies in a sealed, envelope/package to the Office of Procurement Services. The envelope must include the project number, the closing date, and the proposer's name and address. A proposal submitted by telephone, fax or electronically will not be considered for award. The proposal package must be received and time-stamped in the Office of Procurement Services on or before the closing date and time. When applicable, amendments to this project will also be posted at this site. Refer to the solicitation document for complete instructions.